This is a series of articles discussing some of the key topics relevant for active speaker design. This is not intended to be a comprehensive tutorial on active speaker design, but instead focuses on the technologies needed to understand and use the DSP test bed.
- Active Speakers – why?
- Digital processing basics
- DSP devices for active speakers
- ADAU1701 and SigmaStudio
- The microprocessor: how to control the DSP
- ADAU1701-based stereo 3-way DSP Board
- Case study #1: a small subwoofer
- Case study #2: a 3-way design
- Wireless Active Speakers
- Case study #3: A line array with DSP
- Future directions: going beyond the ADAU1701
- Arduino Code Overview and Roadmap
- Design tools for Active Speakers (ASD)
- Android phone app for controlling the DSP
- Generic active speakers–a new approach for speaker designers